Suicide Jacks – Sweepstakes Poker
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OR ABILITY TO WIN. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. SEE THE “ODDS OF WINNINGS” SECTION BELOW FOR MORE DETAIL. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO “ENTRANTS” AS DEFINED IN PARAGRAPH 1 BELOW. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ENTRY THERETO ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AVAILABLE ., WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ADMINISTERED, ENDORSED, OR AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY BY OR WITH FACEBOOK®, TWITTER®, INSTAGRAM® OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
NOTIFICATION OF ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THESE RULES CONTAIN A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION, AS set forth BELOW
Sweepstakes Name: Sweepstakes JX$ Sweepstakes Poker Tournament (“Sweepstakes”).
Sponsor (“Sponsor”), Suicide Jacks LLC, P.O. Box 47934, San Antonio, Texas 78265.
Administrator (“Administrator”): Suicide Jacks LLC, P.O. Box 47934, San Antonio, Texas 78265.
- ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY. An “Entrant” is a person who (i) is a legal resident of Texas, (ii) is at least 18 years old and has reached the age of majority in the state in which he/she resides as of the time of entering the Sweepstakes, (iii) is not on the (iv) complies with the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4 below. Officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, partners, employees, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and Administrator, its parent company (if any), subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live), and those persons living in the same household with such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, unless prohibited by law, publicity release.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes Period begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on January 31, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 31, 2019.
- PLAY PERIOD. A Play Period is a calendar month within a given Sweepstakes Period. Thus, each Play Period will range from 28 – 31 days depending upon the month in which the Play Period falls.
- . There are four Entry Periods within each Play Period. To enter an Entry Period, simply click the “Play Poker Now” button for any tournament (click here for a list of tournaments), and you will be entered in that particular tournament.
- DISQUALIFICATION. Without limitation, an Entrant may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, if (i) Entrant has a pending arrest or conviction for a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, (ii) Entrant is subject to a restraining order; (iii) Entrant fails to meet the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4; or (iv) Entrant violates or fails to comply with these Rules or the Sponsor’s Terms & Conditions located here.
- METHOD OF ENTRY & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS. Entry to the Sweepstakes is limited to one (1) entry per Entrant/person. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
Option 1: A person may open a VIP account by providing the information required here. An automatically-renewing monthly subscription fee is charged for VIP accounts. VIP accounts have membership benefits that are not available to free members, such as the Suicide Jacks™ digital online magazine, free Suicide Jacks Dry-Fit t-shirt, Suicide Jacks Custom Sticker Pack, and various discounts from other vendors when available. The VIP subscription fee pays only for VIP membership benefits. The subscription fee does not increase the number of Tournament Tokens received by the VIP member, and does not increase the odds of winning any tournament. Suicide Jacks™ reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the subscription fee and to substitute, modify or terminate specific member benefits. More details on the subscription fee and membership benefits of a VIP account are available here, and the cost of the subscription fee stated on the signup page is incorporated into these Rules by reference. For information on cancelling a subscription, please click here. Cancellation of a monthly subscription terminates the VIP membership at midnight of the final day of the then-current Play Period, including the ability to participate in any tournament or sweepstakes as well as the VIP benefits that are not available to Free account members.
Option 2: A person may open a Free account by mailing one 3” x 5” index card containing the individual’s legal name, mailing address, date of birth and email address to Suicide Jacks, P.O. Box 47934, San Antonio, Texas 78265. Upon receipt and processing of the index card, Suicide Jacks will send an email to the email address provided by the individual, which email will contain a link and further instructions for opening a Free account with Suicide Jacks. Once the Free account has been opened, the member will automatically be eligible to participate in the then-current Play Period. The Play Period for a Free account shall expire at midnight on the final day of the then current Play Period. To participate in another Play Period, the Free account member must submit an additional 3” x 5” index card as set forth above. There is a limit of one Free registration per person, per Play Period. Suicide Jacks is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due Free Registrations or other mail. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and no entry will be acknowledged or returned.
- ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. Odds and prize distribution are calculated below as if the MAXIMUM number of entrants participated in the tournament. If a tournament commences with the required MINIMUM entrants, but lower than the MAXIMUM entrants allowed, the odds chances of winning a prize increase. Because the exact number of entrants in any given tournament cannot be foreseen, odds are configured using the MAXIMUM number of entrants allowed.
$10 Lucky Ten Spot
$20 Turbo Twenty
$50 Buffalo Nickels
$100 Benjamin Stackers
$200 Double Header
$500 Lucky Gold Strike
$750 Diamond Jackpot
$1,000 Jack’s Stack
$2,000 Double Jeopardy
$3,000 Triple Crown
$5,000 Jack’s Big Stack
$10,000 Silver Vault
$20,000 Lucky Gold Mine
$50,000 Black Gold Gusher
- FREE TOURNAMENT TOKEN ALLOCATION. The only way to participate in a tournament is through the use of the Suicide Jacks free in-game virtual tokens called “Tournament Tokens.” Both types of account members are equally eligible to participate in tournaments. All “buy-ins” are done with Tournament Tokens. Tournament Tokens do not have any cash value and may not be redeemed for anything of value.
VIP members and Free members receive 2,500 Tournament Tokens when they open an account. If a VIP or Free account contains less than 2,500 Tournament Tokens during the refill period between 4:00 A.M. – 5:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“Refill Period”) on any given day, each such account will be replenished so that it contains 2,500 Tournament Tokens (the “Tournament Tokens Allotment”) at the conclusion of the Refill Period. For example, if a member has a 225 Tournament Tokens balance in his or her Token Wallet at the end of the day, he or she will be provided 2,275 free Tournament Tokens during the Refill Period to bring his or her balance to 2,500 Tournament Tokens. Members whose accounts contain more than 2,500 Tournament Tokens as of the Refill Period on any given day shall not receive any additional Tournament Tokens on that day.
A member may view the quantity of his or her Tournament Tokens in his or her virtual Token Wallet, which is viewable at the top right of the member’s account dashboard (referred to herein at the “Tournament Lobby”). Tournament Tokens can be used to enter any poker tournaments that are identified as “Open for Registration,” which will be indicated in the Tournament Lobby under the STATUS tab. Some tournaments will be playable that same day and some may indicate a start time in the future. Tournament Tokens that are used by a member to enter a tournament will be deducted from that member’s Token Wallet, thereby decreasing the number of Tournament Tokens available to that member. A member may play several tournaments in a single day, provided that he or she has enough available Tournament Tokens in his or her Tournament Token wallet.
Tournament Token prizes are awarded to winning positions at the end of the tournament gameplay and will be indicated under the PRIZES tab of the tournament dashboard. Tournament Tokens that have been won during gameplay will be added to the member’s Token Wallet automatically at the end of the tournament. Tournament Tokens that have been won during gameplay can be used to enter additional tournaments.
At the expiration of each Play Period, all Tournament Tokens that have been accumulated by a VIP or Free member shall be reset to 2,500. Suicide Jacks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the quantity of Tournament Tokens received by VIP and Free account members, but any modification will be applied equally to both types of memberships. Tournament Tokens have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or any other thing of value, as their use is strictly limited to use within the Suicide Jacks platform.
- GAME RULES. All games shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of either Texas Hold ‘Em or Omaha Poker, as defined in the Game Guides: “How to Play Texas Hold ‘Em” and “How to Play Omaha Poker.” Each tournament requires a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 50–10,000 players, depending on the parameters set for any particular tournament. The maximum number of players allowed for any given tournament will be announced prior to game play and will be posted in the Tournament Lobby under the STATUS tab of the tournament. Prior to the beginning of game play, the minimum and maximum number of players is subject to change without notice to members and Entrants. No additional Entrants will be entered in a tournament once the maximum number of Entrants is reached, or once a tournament begins. Entry is on a first come, first served basis. Provided that the minimum number of players enters a given tournament, tournaments may be held several times daily, weekly or otherwise, within a given Play Period. Information regarding the registration times, number of currently registered participants, total number of winning positions, starting blinds, blind intervals, chip stack size and prize pool will be posted in the Tournament Lobby under the STATUS tab of each tournament. A given tournament will not be conducted until such time as the minimum number of Entrants has registered to play in that particular tournament. Some tournaments may not be available for play during a given Play Period. Whether any tournament is available or not is entirely as Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZES. Depending on the tournament, prizes range from $10.00 to $50,000.00 in what is referred to as JX$, a virtual token that can be redeemed for cash via the JX$ CASH Redemption menu option on the User Profile Page at https://suicidejacks.com. Before a redemption request can be submitted, Entrant complete and submit to Suicide Jacks a “KYC” Know Your Customer form, also located in the User Profile menu. Please see Sweepstakes Prize Eligibility for further information. The predetermined odds of winning and prizes to be awarded at the conclusion of a tournament will be listed prior to the start of each tournament, and members may view such information in the Tournament Lobby under the PRIZES tab of any tournament. Tournament winners may redeem JX$ for equivalent cash (1 JX$ = USD $1.00) or for other prizes that may be listed, subject to the requirements as set forth in the SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS section below.
- HOW TO PLAY. Launch the Suicide Jacks Sweepstakes Poker app on the Suicide Jacks website. Tournaments are listed under the TOURNAMENTS tab of the main menu in the lobby dashboard. Click on a tournament listed for information about that tournament. To enter a tournament, simply click the REGISTER button at the bottom of the screen of any tournament you wish to enter. The total cost in Tournament Tokens to enter a tournament will be indicated on the tournament’s information page located under the STATUS tab of the tournament.
Once the REGISTER button is submitted, and assuming spaces are still available for that particular tournament, the member will be registered as an Entrant in the tournament. The appropriate number of Tournament Tokens will be deducted from the Token Wallet of the Entrant. If an Entrant should decide to cancel his or her participation in a tournament, he or she can do so by clicking the UNREGISTER button at the bottom of the tournament screen. All Tournament Tokens that were deducted from the Token Wallet for that tournament will be instantly refunded back to the Token Wallet. An Entrant may UNREGISTER at any time prior to the start time of the tournament. Once a tournament has begun, Entrants may not UNREGISTER for that tournament. If a tournament is canceled for any reason including, for example, that the minimum number of required players was not present at the end of the registration period, all Tournament Tokens used by Entrants to participate in that tournament will be refunded to their respective Token Wallets.
There is a 1-½ minute seating period that occurs at the beginning of each tournament. If the app is open, you will be automatically seated and ready to play. If that app is not open at the time play starts, simply open the app and click the PLAY button any time and you will join the game. If you have not joined the game when it starts, you will remain at the table until you have been eliminated from the game by running out of poker chips. Your avatar will make the appropriate “small blind” and “big blind” antes that are required, but will fold when it is your turn to “make a decision,” thereby eliminating you from that hand. You can join the game at anytime during the course of the game and take control of your avatar and any decision making required. The tournament ends when one player is left and called as the main winner.
- SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Winners are chosen by process of elimination using “poker hands” in the form of “cards” that are randomly chosen by a random number generator and dealt to the Entrants. Entrants proceed to play their cards in the fashion of a poker game as set forth in these Rules until a final winner has been determined. There may be more than one winner in a tournament, in which case the overall prize will be distributed among the winning positions by a predetermined percentage as set forth in the Odds of Winning section of these Rules. Sponsor shall determine at its sole discretion if a winner is qualified and eligible. If a winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, that person is referred to as a “Prohibited Entrant.” Each winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of notification. In the event of failure to return the documents and/or requested information, or the return of any prize or prize notification as being undeliverable, such winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate in the tournament. Three alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. All decisions of Sponsor are final. The winners of each tournament are immediately announced at the conclusion of each tournament in the under the PLAYERS tab. By clicking on the PLAYERS tab, a member can see who entered the tournament, who won the tournament, and see the prizes that were awarded. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- TAXES. The valuation of the prize stated above is based on reasonably available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of any prize awarded to a Winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Entrants winning over $600 in prizes who are U.S. residents or citizens will receive an IRS form 1099-MISC at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- DISCLAIMER. All prizes are awarded “as is” and WITHOUT any WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), and all such warranties are hereby disclaimed.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, and Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (ii) lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; (iii) inaccessibility of any website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestion on the Internet; (iv) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (v) destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Site; (vii) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of any website or the download of any information from any website; (viii) any attempt by an Entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, which may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and/or (xi) lost, stolen, or destroyed passports, airline tickets, hotel reservation documents, or any other items or materials required to claim, use or benefit from the Prize. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, and Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns; and each of the foregoings’ respective past and present officers, directors, owners, shareholders, members, managers, partners, principals, employees, attorneys, insurers, agents and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission of any third party; or (ii) by any cause, condition, or event beyond the control of the Released Parties, including, without limitation, any act of God, war, terrorism, riot, hurricane or fire. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT fully and unconditionally releases, discharges and holds harmless each Released Party from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, expenses, attorney’s fees, damages and other liabilities arising out of or relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and Sweepstakes-related activities (such as acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of any prize), including, without limitation, and TO THE fullest EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, demands, claims AND CAUSES OF ACTION for negligence, damages to property, bodily injury (including death), PROPERTY DAMAGE, loss of business, loss of consortium, consequential damages, punitive damages and all other forms of claims, liabilities and damages.
- ARBITRATION; DISPUTE RESOLUTION: All disputes arising under or related to these Rules shall be governed by and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Texas and the United States of America without regard for conflicts of laws principles. All disputes arising under or relating to these Rules shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration in Bexar County, Texas, and any award shall be confirmed exclusively in the courts situated in Bexar County, Texas. Entrant further irrevocably agrees and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts situated in Bexar County, Texas for the purposes of reviewing, confirming or otherwise relating to any arbitration award, and Entrant hereby expressly waives jurisdiction and venue in any other forum for such purposes. Any arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all findings of fact and conclusions of law, and shall be kept confidential and not disclosed for any purpose except as required by law, e.g., disclosure to tax advisors for the purpose of filing a tax return. Any such arbitration shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.
- WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. ARBITRATION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. YOU MAY NOT JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS OR PARTIES IN ARBITRATION, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO FILE ANY SUCH CLAIM OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY PROCEEDING IN ANY SUCH CAPACITY. YOU FURTHER HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules and Winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address set forth above. All such requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of each Play Period.